We're looking for an experienced and motivated MySQL DBA to help make things go at Flickr.
We're looking for a DBA with strong LAMP background.
• Work with engineers on performance tuning, query optimization, index tuning.
• Monitor databases for problems and to diagnose where those problems are.
• Work with Senior DBA to maintain a scalable, reliable, and robust database environment.
• Build database tools and scripts to automate where possible.
• Support MySQL databases for production and development.
• Provide 24x7 escalated on-call support on a pager rotation.
Requirements & Education:
• 3-4+ years MySQL experience.
• 2+ years of experience as a MySQL DBA in a high traffic, transactional environment.
• 2+ years working in a LAMP environment, particularly PHP/MySQL combination.
• Proficient with database performance strategies.
• Proficient tuning MySQL processes and queries.
• Experience in administration of InnoDB
• Experience with MySQL Replication, with both Master-Slave and Master-Master replication.
• Ability to work cooperatively with software engineers and system administrators.
• Excellent communication skills
• Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Bonus Points For:
• Experience with Data Sharding and federated architectures.
• Experience with multi-datacenter MySQL replication.
• Experience working in a social media environment.
Send me an email with your resume.