Wednesday, June 12, 2013

In China and Spreading mySQL/MariaDB/XtraDB Ganglia, GearmanD, Memcache, MongoDB, HAProxy, Nginx, PHP, Python

I am currently in Beijing for a month as the VP of Technology for Fun+, a US/China based gaming company, spreading the joys of open-source  I have an entire team to do benchmarks, study INNODB flushing, build new technologies, which I hope to open-source  I will also post the results here. Our Stack is mostly on AWS with the following.

HA Proxy Load Balances the Web Tier
Web-Tier runs nginX and php-frm
Data is stored in a new Sharded mySQL layer, Gift platform is on MongoDB
Memcache is used to cache frequently accessed items to give state to our stateless Web-tier and reduce DB load, although we can run without it.

What I am focusing on is

Code-Style
When to cache and not to Cache
How to get the most out of mySQL and MongoDB especially on Index Design
Tools for DevOps by DevOps
Reducing cost

I hope to have a lot of information to share in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: